Contact Number: 09199926348
Email Address: email@example.com
- Formulate measures for the approval of the Sangguniang Bayan and provide technical assistance and support to the Mayor in pursuing said measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative in the development of agricultural sector;
- Develop plans and strategies on agricultural PPA’s and implement them upon approval of the Mayor;
- Implement the various programs of the National, Provincial and Municipal Government pertaining to Food Security Programs in the locality.
- Be in frontline of delivery of basic agricultural services particularly those in need for the survival of the inhabitants during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disaster and calamities;
- Promotion of livelihood project and opportunities in the Crops, Livestock and fisheries sector uplifting the socio-economic status of the farmers,fisherfolks and their families.
- Conduct or cause to be conducted location-specific agricultural researches and assist in making available the appropriate technology arising out of, and disseminate information on basic research on crops, prevention and control of plant diseases and pests and other agricultural matters which will maximize productivity .
- Coordinate with NGAs and NGOs which promote agricultural productivity through appropriate technology compatible with environmental integrity.
- Ensure that maximum assistance and access to resources in the production, processing and marketing of agricultural and aquacultural products are extended to farmers, fishermen and local entrepreneurs.
- Recommend to the Sangguniang Bayan and advise the Mayor on all matters related to agriculture and aquaculture which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of the inhabitants .
- Develop proposals that will seek assistance from national agencies and other external sources to facilitate agricultural development.
- Enforce rules and regulations relating to agriculture and aquaculture
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.