In relation to the implementation of Ecosavers Program in the ten (10) partner Public Elementary Schools namely; Maria Aurora Central School, Marcos R. Necesito Sr. Memorial Elementary School, Kadayacan Elementary School, San Juan Elementary School, F.Q Dagyapen Memorial Elementary School, Estonilo Elementary School, Cabituculan East Elementary School, San Jose Elementary School, Debucao Elementary School, and Wenceslao Elementary School, Ecoday for the month of January 2019 was conducted successfully. Ecoday conducted in the said schools are the following dates.
- Maria Aurora Central School – JANUARY 16, 2019
- Marcos R. Necesito Sr. Memorial Elementary School – JANUARY 15,2019
- Kadayacan Elementary School – JANUARY 11,2019
- San Juan Elementary School – JANUARY 28,2019
- Francisco Q. Dagyapen Memorial Elementary School – JANUARY 29, 2019
- Estonilo Elementary School – JANUARY 29, 2019
- Cabituculan East Elementary School – JANUARY 30,2019
- San Jose Elementary School – JANUARY 31, 2019
- Debucao Elementary School – FEBRUARY 1, 2019
- Wenceslao Elementary School – FEBRUARY 1, 2019
The main purpose of the activity is to encourage students to bring their recyclables during Ecoday and points equivalent to the weight or quantity of recyclable materials like PET, Bottles, Karton /Paper, Aluminum, etc. brought by the students..
Earned points will be converted to school supplies, educational materials and even grocery items during scheduled Eco-shopping.
This Program was conceptualized by the Office of the Municipal Environment and Natural Resources Office aiming to educate communities to religiously practice segregation and waste recovery scheme. This also targets the 92.76% waste diversion of the municipality in opposite of the wastes being disposed.